Before becoming a certified Elementary Physical Education teacher, Ben Iverson was an avid swimmer, swimming instructor, and coach. In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Ben began swimming competitively at the age of 11. In high school, Ben earned various awards and helped his team win all 4 district championships. As a collegiate swimmer, Ben was honored by his team-mates by being named Co-Captain in 2005 and the “Most Dedicated Swimmer” all four years; he still holds three collegiate records in swimming. With 14 years of teaching and coaching experience, Ben has worked with swimmers of all ages and abilities.
• Teach youth and adult swimming lessons (1998-present)
• Coaching various youth leagues: summer recreational teams, YMCA, USS (1999-2007)
• Volunteering as high school swim coach (summer 2001) br/> • Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach for Coe College (2005-2006)
• Elementary Physical Education Instructor (2006-present)
• Manager of country club swimming pool (2005-2006)
• Coach for swim clinics, alongside James R. Voss, National Swim Coach of the Year, 1997) (summer 2004-2006)